In honor of Earth Day, how about we try a few new and simple things to make a long term difference!
- When you get your afternoon Java today, take a reusable thermos instead of wasting a paper cup!
- Be sure to recycle your water bottles, newspapers, aluminum cans and boxes instead of throwing them in the garbage!
- Bring your own bag to the grocery store! I always do :)
- Reuse old water bottles to make ice packs for sick days (fill it up with water and store in the freezer- pull it out and cover with a sock when you have a fever or for a post-workout cooler)
- Waste less water AND play a game with your family- put a kitchen timer in the bathroom and set it for 6 minutes. See who can wash their hair and body and finish in time!
- Whenever I forget my grocery totes, I ask for plastic bags and save them to clean up after my dog outside!
- Make your daily "to-do" lists and weekly grocery lists on your cell phone. This way you aren't wasting paper every day!
These are just a few of the fun tricks I have incorporated into my daily life to try and help the environment!
What do you and your family do to help the environment?